Sleep and Beyond Certified Organic Merino Wool Pillow
Special Offer: Use the code HealthyChild10 for 10% off all products at sleepandbeyond.com
Certified Organic Merino Wool Pillow
This Organic Wool Pillow is filled with certified merino wool, one of the finest, softest, and purest wool fibers available. Good sleep is essential to your wellness. A quality, comfortable and healthy pillow is worth the investment. This could be your next favorite pillow and will last for years and years to come.
Comfortable ~ Healthy ~ Sustainable
- Hand filled with WoolGanique™ – exclusive USDA & WOOLMARK certified organic superfine merino wool fiber
- Naturally resistant to dust mites, mold and mildew
- Regulate body temperature by ensuring the body gets to a comfortable sleeping temperature more quickly and stays there for longer
- Naturally provide relief from MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities)
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Naturally flame retardant
- Provides exceptional comfort as the dry warmth reduces the pain and aches associated with cold wet weather
Cover is certified organic cotton 270TC Percale. Fill is certified organic merino wool.
Packaged in eco – friendly organic cotton bag with drawstrings for easy product storage
Standard 20 x 26″ 1.5 lbs. of merino wool fill
Queen 20 x 30″ 2.5 lbs. of merino wool fill
Sleep and Beyond Certifications
- USDA Organic – Sleep and Beyond’s entire merino wool production is certified organic according to National Organic Program of USDA, by CERES, a reputable Germany based organization.
- WOOLMARK – WOOLMARK is recognized throughout the whole world as a symbol of high quality and reliability and specifies that the product exceeds the global standards for pure wool filling. Stringent testing for quality, chemical and oil content, and product performance must comply with the high standards set by WOOLMARK before a manufacturer can apply WOOLMARK label to its products.
- OKO-TEX 100 – OEKO-TEX 100 certification ensures that the cotton yarns used in Sleep and Beyond’s production are safe for infants and free of harmful chemicals and substances.
- GOTS – The cotton used by Sleep and Beyond is certified organic according to Global Organic Textile Standard by Control Union, one of the oldest and most reputable certification agencies.
- Fair Trade – Fair Trade Certification empowers farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by investing in their farms and communities, protecting the environment and developing the business skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- ISO 9000:2001 – Sleep and Beyond manufacturing units are ISO Certified for quality control management and environmentally friendly practices.
Regular sunning and airing is a great way to take care of this product and most bedding. The sun will naturally revitalize and disinfect the bedding.
Do not machine wash and dry. Spot clean only with soft brush and mild detergent. Allow the product to air dry completely.
Dry cleaning is not recommended because of harsh and toxic chemicals often used in that process.
Please note: Wool has a natural botanical scent. Most people do not notice or mind it and it usually dissipates over time.
What is WoolGanique™?
A great night’s sleep tonight – a more relaxed and stress free day tomorrow.
WoolGanique™ is Sleep and Beyond’s exclusive certified organic merino wool fiber used as a filling for their Visonique™ collection. It is grown on merino sheep and is one of the finest, softest, and purest wool fibers available in the wool market.
Organic sheep husbandry and wool production has a whole chain of rules and regulations set by NOP, the National Organic Program of USDA, that need to be strictly followed in order to have the wool fiber certified organic. Farmers receive almost double the price for their raw organic wool batting versus conventional batting as they commit to follow strict organic standards. Every year an independent certification organization accredited by USDA sends their inspector for testing of the organic sheep and their organic wool to assure NOP compliance.
WoolGaniqueTM practices are:
- Organic Feed – sheep must consume only organically grown feed (wheat, Lucerne, Festuca Sulcata, Pea Pratensis) that provide them with complete nutrition which ensures high birth rate and finer wool fiber.
- Organic Animal Husbandry – farmers have a map with their land and pasture information where only a proportional number of sheep to land can be grazed to prevent overgrazing and its devastating effects. Housing and management must be appropriate to the behavioral needs of the sheep. Animals should receive daily amount of sunlight and have freedom of movement, which increases their immune system and keep them less vulnerable to diseases and infections.
- Veterinary Treatment – only a certain number of synthetic antibiotics are allowed by NOP. Use of synthetic hormones and genetic engineering is prohibited. Priority is given to natural veterinary practices.
- Organic Farm Management –use of pesticides and herbicides is prohibited on the pasture and grazing lands.
- Organic Traceability – whether it is organic feed, a newly born animal or shearing time, each step of production must be documented to assure its organic traceability.
- Independent Third Party Certification –Overall, the whole organic wool production chain must be certified by an independent third party certification agency accredited by USDA to have the wool fiber labeled as organic.
In addition to pasture and sheep monitoring, they send a sample of WoolGaniqueTM to WOOLMARK, an international independent and reputable certification agency for chemical testing in England.
When a product carries a WOOLMARK label you can be confident of quality, performance and value for your money. WOOLMARK guarantees fiber content and has provided quality assurance for over four decades and it’s an ongoing process.
5 year warranty against manufacturing defects